Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Carnival and state faires




PHOTOGRAPHY OF CATHERINE REINKE



For years I have attended local and state faires with my camera in hand. I particularly enjoyed taking images of the hand painted haunted or horror amusement rides. this is my favorite series , I have had cards made of these in the past. As I arrange my photos and get them into digital format , I will be adding more , but it is a nice start. I believe that this is a lost art, similar to the art of the circus canvas banners depicting the freak show features. I fear that the fair is dying as well , and I will have been a part of its historical recording.








This is another favorite series of mine, of CANDY, also taken at a state fair in the biggest candy tent I have ever seen (I have not run into one since) It is bright and colorful and lots of fun. See more of the images full on at here.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment