Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Walnut made in Japan KITSCH recycled jewerly box


Had such a great time making this box.When I was with my son and his girl frined delivery the sushi table and chair to his dorm room, we went thrifting  and I found several vintage dolls heads including this one. I had been holding on to this precious walnut made in Japan wood box and the colors of the head just seemed a prefect fit. I had no preconceived idea going into this piece, it just happened as most of my work does. It really has that 1970s feel with the fall color pallet I chose.

 

I love how her eyes look off to the side!

rabbit fur and vintage leaves

glitter and butterflies, vintage leaf pendant and lace

vintage belt buckel


Antique lace and vintage string beads


Too cute


Recycled  KITSCH vintage hardwood jewerly box  by C. Reinke Recycled  KITSCH vintage hardwood jewerly box  by C. Reinke Recycled  KITSCH vintage hardwood jewerly box  by C. Reinke Recycled  KITSCH vintage hardwood jewerly box  by C. Reinke Recycled  KITSCH vintage hardwood jewerly box  by C. Reinke
Walnut wood vintage jewelry with gold glitter velvet lined drawer has been up cycled into this kitsch funky box. I found this doll half head on the road side, cleaned her up and made her into a Eskimo princess (that is real rabbit fur) with plenty of gaudy plastic jewels, string gold and pearl beads a vintage button and vintage metal enameled leaves.

I added some of my cherished antique handmade lace to the edge with a beautiful vintage tortoise shell belt buckle as a center piece.
Size: 10 x 6 x 6 walnut Himark of Japan vintage jewelry box with internal music box, missing key to wind it up (on side)
See more of this piece of art at my blog




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment